PARTNERSHIP FIRM REGISTRATION FEES COST DEED IN DELHI
A partnership is a business that is owned, managed and controlled by more then one person. It is one of the most common forms of business in India, used by small businesses operating in the unorganized sectors. Partnership are very easy to start and have very minimal regulatory compliance requirement for getting started. However, after the startup phase, partnership do not offer the promoters a host of other benefits such as limited liability, separate legal entity, independent existence, transfer-ability, etc., which are desirable features for any business. Therefore, partnership are suited for unorganized, small businesses that will have a limited existence.
Registration of Partnership Firm
A business organization in which two or more individuals manage and operate the business. Both owners are equally and personally liable for the debts from the business. The owners of a partnership business are individually known as the “partners” and collectively as a “firm”.
A partnership is easy to form as no cumbersome legal formalities are involved. Its registration is also not essential. However, if the firm is not registered, it will be deprived of certain legal benefits. The Registrar of Firms is responsible for registering partnership firms.
A partnership is formed by an agreement :which may be either written or oral. When the written agreement is duly stamped and registered, it is known as “Partnership Deed”. Ordinarily, the rights, duties and liabilities of partners are laid down in the deed. But in the case where the deed does not specify the rights and obligations, the provisions of the THE INDIAN PARTNERSHIP ACT, 1932 will apply.
In India, Partnership firms are of 3 Types:
1. Unregistered Partnership Deed
2. Partnership Registered with Magistate
3. Limited Liability Partnership
1. Unregistered Partnership – Rs. 2499
As per Partnership Act, 1932 Registration of Partnership is Not mandatory
Step 1 – Partnership deed is drafted and Notarized
Step 2 – PAN and TAN are applied
Step 3 – Bank account is opened to start the business
1. Pan Card, Identity Proof, Photo & Address Proof of all Partners
2. Ownership proof of proposed registered address
2.Partnership Registered with Magistrate – Rs. 7,999/-
Here both partners have to go to Magistate, who check authenticity of Documents and Provide a registration Certificate
A partnership firm is required to be registered under sections 58 and 59 of the Partnership Act.
3. Limited Liability Partnership-Rs.7999/-
It is best form of Partnership, it constitute Limited Liability and registration with Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Low cost of Formation and compliances and less statutory compliances as compared to Private limited Companies
- Better decision making and control over the business.
- A partnership usually has limitations that keep it from becoming a large business.
- Unlimited liability. General partners are liable without limit for all debts contracted and errors made by the partnership.
- Since decisions are collective ,disagreements can occur.
Tax Benefits of Forming a General Partnership
General partnerships do not pay income tax. However, the owners or partners of a general partnership do. As with sole proprietorships and limited liability companies, partnerships are pass-through tax entities. This means the profits and losses of a partnership trickle down to the business’ owners, who must declare their share of the business’ income on their personal tax returns. Partnerships do not have to calculate or pay estimated taxes.
Taxation of partnership
Tax will be payable at a flat rate of 30% plus 3% Education cess & Secondary and Higher Education cess on the total of income tax and surcharge.
Surcharge has been eliminated AY 2011-12 onwards.
The deed, generally contains the following particulars:-
- Name of the firm.
- Nature of the business to be carried out.
- Names of the partners.
- The town and the place where business will be carried on.
- The amount of capital to be contributed by each partner.
- Loans and advances by partners and the interest payable on them.
- The amount of drawings by each partner and the rate of interest allowed thereon.
- Duties and powers of each partner.
- Any other terms and conditions to run the business.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTNERSHIP FIRM REGISTRATION
Cost of Service
Registration done within 15 to 20 days
Everything below is included:
- Free Pan Number for Partnership
- TAN Number for Partnership
- Name Reservation
- Partnership Deed, All Partnership Firm Documents
- Certificate of Registration in Form 1A
- Partnership Firm Rubber Stamps [After Registration Services Like ITR Filing ]