In order to avail some benefits, incentives or support given by the Central and State Governments, it is advisable for a business establishment to seek registration under Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Act, 2006.
The regime of incentives offered by the Central Govt. generally contains the following:
- Copy of PAN Card of the Company/Partnership/LLP/Proprietor;
- Copy of Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum & Articles of Association of the Company/Partnership Deed/LLP Agreement;
- Copy of PAN of all Directors/Partners/Designated Partners;
- Proof of Identity of all Directors/Partners/Designated Partners;
- Proof of Address of all Directors/Partners/Designated Partners (like Passport, Driving License, Electricity bill, Maintenance Bill, Voter ID;
- Board resolution/Partners consent/Designated Partners resolution authorizing the authorized signatory for filing application for registration;
States/UTs have their own package of facilities and incentives for small scale industries such as development of industrial estates, tax subsidies, power tariff subsidies, capital investment subsidies and other support.
Initially a Provisional registration is granted to a business establishment at its pre-investment period to enable it to take necessary steps to apply for financial credit, land or an industrial set, water, power or telephone connections, etc.
A provisionally registered industrial unit when it is about to go into production is to apply for grant of Permanent/Final Registration.
An existing and functioning industrial unit is eligible to apply for Permanent /Final Registration without going into Provisional registration process.
Documents required for SSI/MSME Registration
The procedure and documentation vary upon state to state. However below is the list of common documents and information for making an application with the Industries Department of State Governments for obtaining SSI/MSME Registration: